30 September 2021
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Engineering, Technical, Production and Manufacturing
Location: South Africa
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
All of us at Harmony Gold are united by our values, ensuring that we measure, we measure up and we deliver. Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited is looking to award bursaries to top-performing students in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of studies.
- To award bursaries to top-performing students in their 1 st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of studies.
- For 2022, Harmony will be offering bursaries for non-core (Psychology, Dentistry, Botany, etc.) and core mining disciplines.
- The following study fields in core will be sponsored: Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current ONLY), Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Survey, Extractive Metallurgy, Rock Engineering
Closing Date 30 September 2021
Short-listed applicants will be subjected to assessments and interviews - required documents are below
NB: Incomplete bursary applications and applicants who already have other sponsors will NOT be considered! If you have not received any correspondence by 15 October 2021, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
*All successful candidates will be required to undergo a psychometric assessment*
- A valid South African identity document (SA Citizen).
- A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above.
- Students planning to study in the Engineering field, must have a minimum of 70% for Mathematics & Physical Science.
- Students already at tertiary institutions must have obtained an average of 60% and above in all major subjects. Current year results, must be attached. Brief Curriculum Vitae (1 page).
In making the final selection, preference will be given to:
- Applicants from Harmony host communities
- Dependents of Harmony employees
- Historically disadvantaged persons
Important: Harmony will only consider students having an acceptance letter from the tertiary institution that they can enroll for their 1st year of studies and who can verify that they are in their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of studies.
If Harmony has not responded within 21 days after the closing date, consider your applications as unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Please attach a certified copy of Grade 11 final results (December results) and Grade 12 June results or mid – year assessment results, consolidated mark due to C-19.